What are the advantages and disadvantages of selling your home without a real estate agent? For some, this is a matter of black and white. The real estate selling process of a property is a complex task and the more you educate yourself, the more you will reap its benefits.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of selling your home on your own?
- Keep every penny you earn. The main reason why people sell their homes by themselves is that they want to save themselves from the commission they have to pay the real estate agent. So if you sell your home for $100,000, you will get the exact amount when the deal is closed.
- Your sentimental attachment to the property is intact. You have the power to make sure that your property goes to the right owner that “deserves” your beautiful home. . Therefore you have the chance to be picky when it comes to selling your home to buyers.
- Whatever your reason you have for selling, you can opt to sell it lesser than it should be in the market or more than what you are aiming for depending on your timeline. In this case, you have full control over the amount of time you are willing to list your property or take it off. The lack of pressure on following a certain time frame will benefit you the most depending on how long do you want to sell your house.
Selling your house on your own requires a lot of work and effort. The process of selling a home has complex phases that only real estate agents have easy access to.
- Know the market – property appraisal.
Only real estate agents and brokers can create an evaluation of your property depending on how the real estate market status. Your home may have appreciated in for the last three years, and there is no better way than to consult an expert to know and name the price of your home. They have the access to compare your home to other similar properties to see if you are overpricing or you are selling it too low.
- Inspections and Safety Requirements
Selling your home means you have to conduct inspections and negotiations of the sale. If you are a busy bee, these inspections will eat all your time and can be a real headache. If you have limited knowledge on negotiating about your property, this is not for you at all. A real estate agent knows the ins and outs of these phase by heart and there is no better way than hiring one.
- Legal Contracts and Paperwork
Did you know that before you sell your house, you have to do all the legwork obtaining these legal documents? There a load of paperwork to be drafted and finalized before you can put your home for sale. If you are a very busy man, this is not gonna work for you. Owners selling their homes on their own think that they are saving money because they won’t be paying for any commission… but are you aware how much work money and work to be done for selling your property?
- And more…
Do you have a marketing strategy that is at par with the real estate market this time of the year? Who will process all the paperwork?
Are you following the process of selling bound by the law of the state?
How are you handling those inspections?
How are you working on your contract contingencies?
If you have all the time and resources then, you are fit to sell your home on your own.
However, let us get real here. What is more important to you, to sell the property as soon as possible or sell the property with the amount of money you want from it or more?
What if Nexus Realty has the ability to do both? We wish we could tell you more about how we do our business. Should you have any questions, feel free to consult our experts in Nexus Realty. We will be more than happy to answer all your questions regarding real estate. Go to http://mynexusrealty.com/about/ or call us at 425-429-7880.
Remember, who you work with matters.
The Nexus Realty